|Project by TZH||posted 02-19-2015 05:14 PM||1884 views||2 times favorited||22 comments|
As usual, this share wouldn’t be complete without me filing a complaint about the photographer, but, hey….
This time, I might even file a complaint against the guy (me) who set this photo op up in the first place. Basically too lazy to get it down to the house (impatient, too) for a better setting, but, hey….
This one has been a very long project in the works. It was started last summer, but had to be put on the back burner so Katherine and I could fly to CT to help out her folks after her Dad had major surgery (much better now, although the snow they’re getting back there keeps him puttering around very close to the house for the time being).
When we returned, sickness hit hard here, and I just didn’t have it in me to get back into the shop. It wasn’t until early this year I felt good enough to reboot this effort.
From that point on, it’s pretty much been a series of starts, stops, and redoes because of the errors I’ve made (no sympathy for stupidity in most cases).
The last straw was when I had to re-sand the entire tabletop (talked about it here on LJ’s, and thanks to all you fellow LJ’ers who gave advice and encouragement), and start from scratch re-finishing the top.
Then it was a question of what to use in the final go round. A friend on FB recommended I try lacquer. Did some research and decided to give it a try. The final result is what you see in this post.
Overall, I’m glad this project is done. The lacquer worked really well, although I still need to do the final rub out because there were some inevitable dust nibs in the surface. I just have to let the lacquer cure for a few days before doing that, and then it’s DELIVERY TIME!
Hope our daughter likes this.
Thanks for looking.
-- Where The Spirit In Wood Lives On