|Project by woodn||posted 02-13-2015 12:54 AM||1353 views||8 times favorited||7 comments|
I’ve been wanting to try some new things in my boxes, and this was my first attempt at string and berry inlays. I actually saw the materials listed on a site that I have purchased inlays from, so I googled string and berry to see what this was all about. I found some instructions on doing the layout and once I figured them out, Thought I would give it a try. I used the circle cutting attachment on my MicroFence router jig to cut the stringing grooves, and a 5/8” diameter plug cutter for the berries. The biggest challenge was deciphering the instructions on laying out the pattern. Once I did that on paper, I copied it to the work piece and all we well.