|Project by Leroy5||posted 02-11-2015 05:51 AM||1623 views||7 times favorited||13 comments|
I started on this project while doing the last one I posted (the toybox), and I used many of the same patterns. Both were to be Christmas presents, and both were late! I just finished this one tonight, so it is a combination Christmas / Valentine’s present to my very patient wife.
Individual wood sticks were glued into 12” long pattern blocks, which were sliced into about 3/32” sheets, which were taped into the patterns you see in the photos, then glued to the American Cherry boxes. The boxes were articulated with clear unbreakable plastic. The handle is my first ever successful steam-bending project. The rejects pile was pretty tall. (The secret is the you cannot use kiln-dried wood, or even wood air-dried to less than 10% moisture content.)
Relieved to be done!