|Project by adbuett||posted 02-08-2015 03:29 PM||1202 views||4 times favorited||5 comments|
I am in the process of doing some massive reorganizing in my basement shop and ended up removing a 10ft long bench that had essentially become a place to set stuff down and forget about it… Having done that, my drill press had to live on a couple 2X4 blocks on the floor until I had the time/motivation to knock this project out.
The carcass and drawer fronts are oak ply from the orange store. The drawers ended up being a mix and match of whatever plywood I could scrounge up; I guess I either forgot to take the drawers into account when I made up my cut diagram or I lost the sheet of paper that had the drawer cut diagram… I trimmed it out in cherry to hide the ply edges, and in hindsight wish I had trimmed the drawers too.
For the pulls, I really wanted to mortise through, but decided to fake it. I used the cherry trim for the pull as well as the spacers between the drawer front and pull. Made a couple of 1/8—>1/4” thick slices of end grain cherry and just glued those on the front of the pulls.
This was the first cabinet I have built that I am not too ashamed to post on here! My first was a flip top planer cart that is serviceable, but definitely not pretty.
If anybody is curious about dimensions I think I still have all my notes shoved in one of the drawers. Thanks for looking,