|Project by Rayne||posted 02-08-2015 12:58 AM||21741 views||41 times favorited||15 comments|
Here’s my latest project: The Drill press cabinet. I have like 4 concurrent projects right now and they are all making progress, so I’m glad to get this one out of the way. This is based upon Woodsmith’s dill press cabinet plans. I had to modify it to fix my DP base which is wider than what they used, which basically means the plans were guidelines and nothing more since all calculations had to be redone from the ground up. Anyways, I really like how this turned out and am thinking about putting a finish on it…not sure yet due to the exposed plywood edges. I might…but we’ll see. Please let me know what you think or might have done differently or even what type of finish you’d like to see on it. Thanks for looking. More photos below.
Mobile Base – previous project I completed. It’s in my profile
Base of cabinet being built
Cubby for wheels for the base
Cubbies built and installed on base. Top installed as well with a recessed area to hold various items to prevent them from rolling off the cabinet. I made a mistake on how I made the recess, so I put in an 1/8” door skin and it looks better now.
Drawer components. The joinery on this was new to me and quite tricky (well, to me anyways). It definitely holds strong, but not something I want to do again. I would prefer pocket holes as it has less margin for error compared to these.
Built 2 of the drawers; now waiting on drawer glides
Drawer glides came in, so installed them both
Drawer faces installed on bottom 2 (upper two were a royal pain…)
Side profile of completed cabinet