|Project by PGreene||posted 01-04-2009 02:56 AM||2162 views||16 times favorited||21 comments|
I have built a few boxes but none that had any curves. I also wanted to try my hand at using planes and scrapers for the curved top. I used purpleheart for the sides, maple for the front and back and curly maple for the top. The brass pins in the sides run into the rabbited butt joints for style and strength. I finished the box with my old standby finish (General Finishes’ Oil and Urethane mix). This was a fun two to three day project that really allowed me to brush up on my planing and scraping skills.