|Project by gabriellus||posted 02-05-2015 03:56 PM||1584 views||5 times favorited||1 comment|
A house up the street was being disassembled beam by beam, so I grabbed a truckful of free framing timbers that were too short for them to resell. I built three boxes to fit perfectly in a daybed project that I had completed a few months ago. I resawed the 2x lumber 3 ways (trickier math than you’d think). It ended up needing surprisingly more wood than I had originally thought, what with the bottoms and all. The joinery is glue+brad nails, and finished with Cherry tinted Danish oil. Added the handles and all done.