|Project by JohnsonM325||posted 02-03-2015 09:46 PM||1054 views||0 times favorited||6 comments|
This is my first pipe. I ordered a pre-drilled pipe kit from Mark Tinsky and started out with nothing but files to start my project. I learned quickly that long hours and carpel tunnel were in my future, so I opted to borrow a Dremel 200 from a friend. You’ll notice the jump from the first to the second photo in the amount of wood that was shaved off.
Once I had the shape I wanted, I filed down the high spots and sanded my way to 800 grit. Then I applied a thick coat of mahogany dye, sanded all the way down to 12,000 grit, and applied a light coat of mahogany dye.
My final step was to apply carnauba wax using the buffing wheel on the Dremel tool.
I have a few nicks and scratches here and there, but I think it looks good overall. Let me know what you think!