|Project by rjb37||posted 01-31-2015 02:09 PM||1699 views||3 times favorited||6 comments|
It was august when I last posted a project and I’ve made a few since then. But I keep forgetting to post them.
This was going to be a box for daughter #2 but after I found out that all of my routers would fit in it she lost. I’ll have to make her another one.
This is the second box I made all by hand with hand tools only. The only problems I had was 4 squaring the stock. I had to redo the sides on this one twice. I am getting better at this but I still need to improve.
The keeper on this box is an after thought. The lid fitted loosely and would easily slide off if the box was titled. This clunky looking keeper is what I came up with. For now it’s keeping the lid shut while I bring it to the bench so I’ll put up with it. As time goes by inspiration may hit me and I’ll make something better looking. It didn’t help that I made the lid so that it was set back from the front.
I like having all my routers in one box. The bottom is 2 layers of glued 1/4” MDF and that is thick enough to keep the toys in place. I also don’t have to worry about it shrinking and expanding. I’ll probably add a handle on the back to help pick this up. For now the clunky keeper is the pick it up handle too.
-- accidental woodworker