|Project by DanII||posted 01-21-2015 01:10 PM||908 views||1 time favorited||2 comments|
A trophy I made for a chilii cookoff my unit was holding. This was probably my 5th or 6th overall project so I’m starting to get better at some of the details like router tearout and such. Made of Wenge, Padauk, and walnut, finished with minwax spray poly. This project made it clear my next purchase is going to be a bandsaw since the only wenge I had was 5/4. Watching all that expensive wood shoot out my planer’s exhaust so i could get it to size was heartwrenching(and walletwrenching). Resawing now seems like a option I’d like to have. Original plan was to turn the bowl from a solid chunck of aluminum but I ran out of time.