|Project by woodcox||posted 01-20-2015 05:14 PM||2635 views||21 times favorited||14 comments|
I built this for the lathe I didn’t have yet, an import green one. I took some rough dimensions of the lathe while window shopping. I probably should have waited because it’s a little short for a comfortable turning height, I may have to add some shoes to the feet. I had the feet and legs roughed out already from a cancelled sharpening station. A large knot altered mortise locations so the top is not centered on the trestles but, doing that gave me a few more inches away from the wall. I draw bored the feet, which is always good fun, top is lag bolted on. This was a fun, quick project that made use of most stuff on hand. I did have to find a 2×12 for the ballast shelf. Thanks for looking!
A few more build pics… Oh and some shellac for color.
Douglas fir, kind of old for the home store.
Bandsaw skills improving:)
My first angled tenons.
My minion on break.
My first turning.
Totally worth it!
-- "My god has more wood than your god" ... G. Carlin.