|Project by grantd||posted 01-19-2015 03:51 PM||865 views||1 time favorited||9 comments|
This is a project that I’ve just wrapped and wanted to share with all of you. Bench is made of red oak with mortise and tenon joinery throughout. I’ve started woodworking within the last year with a couple of Adirondack chairs and some shop furniture so it’s a really satisfying change of pace to make a piece of functional indoor furniture that I use daily.Firsts for this project
- First time making mortise and tenon joints.
- First time using a thickness planer
- First piece of indoor furniture
- First time mounting hinges
- First time applying finish (other than exterior painting/staining)
Finish is 2 coats of Minwax special walnut stain followed by 2 coats of Minwax satin poly thinned 50/50 with mineral spirits and wiped on with a rag.
If there is interest I do have a sketchup drawing that I can share.
Design credit goes to Brianthesawdustmaker who posted a similar project a while back that I referenced when making mine.