|Project by KnickKnack||posted 12-15-2008 02:09 PM||1153 views||0 times favorited||4 comments|
This is Portuguese for “Beware of the dog”.
It looks better in real life than in the pictures, particularly when the light falls on it, but we all say that, right?
Just a bit of fun really, but our friends needed the sign, they’re flowery kinda people, and it’s Christmas.
What I did was…
1. Stain board
2. Route letters 7mm deep
3. Paint varnish into letter slots to act as “glue”
4. Apply liberal amounts of glitter, shake about to fill all the slots. Let the varnish dry.
5. Blow off remaining glitter, making sure to get it in your hair, on your clothes, in the cup of coffee nearby and on any animals that may be lurking around.
6. Route the extra highlight slot at 3mm
7. Apply lots of varnish to the slots to completely encase the glitter.
“Beware of the dog” – Pine. “Lara” – beech offcut.
-- "Do not speak – unless it improves on silence." --- "Following the rules and protecting the regulations is binding oneself without rope."