or Join Now!
So here are the next two. Also thought I’d throw in a picture of the Arteest’s pallet.
-- tim hill www.newcalshop.com
home | projects | blog
596 posts in 2998 days
Preview this project card
126 posts in 2969 days
#1 posted 12-09-2008 05:57 AM
All I can say is verrrrrrrrrry nice. Well done as always.
-- Norm (AKA - The Maddhatter), Middletown DE
3284 posts in 3214 days
#2 posted 12-09-2008 02:36 PM
Nice touch on design…Blkcherry
11800 posts in 3079 days
#3 posted 12-09-2008 06:13 PM
Looks like some pretty porus endgrain in the second picture …is it Oak ? The design of your boards is very nice .
-- I'm absolutely positive that I couldn't be more uncertain!
4101 posts in 3134 days
#4 posted 12-09-2008 06:18 PM
Hey Tim -Nice work – I see a bunch of Christmas presents rolling out -Do you use Titebond like Marc did? All the boards I have done I have used plastic resin glue for the better water resistance, since I never can be sure that someone won’t let it soak in a sink of water etc.
-- 'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' ~George Carlin
#5 posted 12-09-2008 07:27 PM
The pictures are lousy, but you get the idea. Yes, the oak endgrain on the third picture is really interesting. I used Titebond III on some of the boards and Titebond II on others. I followed Marc Spagnuolo’s recommendations. What are the pros and cons of plastic resin v. Titbond glue?
714 posts in 3010 days
#6 posted 12-09-2008 07:41 PM
Tell me about those clamps in the background. I don’t think I’ve ever seen them.
-- Don, Pittsburgh
#7 posted 12-09-2008 08:13 PM
They are called 4-Way clamps. You can get them at Woodcraft, probably other stores also. They can be hard to manipulate so I clamped the bottom part to the bench so the whole clamp would not move when I set the top clamp in place. The setup worked pretty good but I’ve been trying to figure out an easier way to affix them to the bench. I had system set up where I could rip some pieces, apply glue, and set them in the clamp. When they were done cooking I took that piece out and replaced it with a new one so I could keep moving boards through the clamp process. The clamps work real good on panel glue ups like table tops and such.
I find some of the most interesting things by looking at the background in the various project photos. Hope this helps.
Go to Pulse page »
©2016 Verticalscope Inc. All Rights Reserved. |
Terms of Service
DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.
Latest Projects |
Latest Blog Entries |
Latest Forum Topics