|Project by Matthew Morris||posted 01-06-2015 03:45 AM||1670 views||12 times favorited||7 comments|
The Gamble House Living Room Arm Chair is unique in its design; incorporating many of the aspects found in other Greene & Greene chairs from its cloud lift headrest and rails, to its carved arms. While adding some unique elements not found in other chairs, side panels, split center back slat joined by ebony bars and carved cloud lifts in each rail.
I’ve posted the entire build on my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/mmwoodstudio/
In over 13-hours of step-by-step video instruction you’ll learn:
• Angled mortise and tenon joinery
• A combination of power and hand carving the crest rail
• Angled through mortise and tenon joint for the stretcher
• Making ebony plugs
• Recess carving in the arms, aprons and rails
• Bent Lamination
• Inlaying silver into center back slats ebony bars
• How to upholster the seat
• And more!
-- Matthew Morris, MM Wood Studio, Southern CA, http://www.mmwoodstudio.com