Bathroom Renovation

  • Advertise with us
Project by Fiddy posted 01-05-2015 07:37 PM 1780 views 1 time favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch

This past week or so I had some time off with Christmas and New Year and I was able to finish off my upstairs bathroom. The project overall wasn’t too bad (I installed the tub a month ago). Most difficult was the front access panel as I wasn’t sure how I wanted to do it but in the end I went with a solid panel and industrial Velcro. Surprisingly it really worked out well and provides easy access for down the road. The panels and all other moldings are made of poplar.

The vanity was a dark oak finish previously. With that I simply painted and distressed it a bit with the palm sander. After that I put on a faux finish with a couple coats of poly over top of that. The mirror above was just a standard mirror that I dressed up with some casing.

Best part was the cost of doing this job. The tub and faucet I got at a builders auction for $250.00, for both and the Corian vanity top for $195.00 at a surplus builders outlet. Other than that it wasn’t bad and definitely turned out pretty nicely.

3 comments so far

View Chris 's profile


178 posts in 1757 days

#1 posted 01-05-2015 07:47 PM

Great work. Sounds like you got a steal and made the most of it! Congratulations.

View Hazem's profile


173 posts in 1421 days

#2 posted 01-06-2015 02:44 AM

I didn’t even know there was such a thing as industrial velcro. Looks great.

View scarpenter002's profile


606 posts in 4078 days

#3 posted 01-06-2015 03:10 AM

Very nice job. I am about to embark on a bathroom remodel soon. Thanks for the inspiration.

-- Scott in Texas

Have your say...

You must be signed in to post the comments.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics