|Project by Chris Davis||posted 11-28-2008 02:36 PM||4022 views||0 times favorited||3 comments|
This is one of my Mission style Murphy beds that was completed in both August and November 11, 2008. It is both of those dates because I ruined the finish on it the first time. The customer wanted me to use a Polyshade from Minwax. I explained that I only use oil base but could match that polyshade color that wanted. They had their mind set on polyshade so I gave in. After finishing it, with the blotching and color variations, I called the customer and told them I couldn’t send it out and would rebuild it and match the color with oil based stain.
That left me with a nice bed with an ugly finish. I put it on my website at a discount as a paint grade. I sold It to a customer that wanted it in black. It worked out fine. I’m happy, I got a customer with the color that wanted and another customer with a very good deal.
-- Watch live video from our shop. http://www.wwbeds.com/#!current-projects/c3c1