|Project by mafe||posted 01-01-2015 11:58 PM||2075 views||0 times favorited||22 comments|
Handle for a wonderful gift.
I have had the luck to meet a local artist in 2014, Flemming he is a painter, but also have a soft spot for old tools, he gave me this fine old Swedish burnisher iron on on of his visits in my shop.
So I decided it would be a sweet little first project in 2015 to make it a handle to bring it back to life.
My usual way. ;-)
1. Burnisher with it’s new handle.
2. A piece of hard wood I found in a trash pile by the pier in a local harbor.
3. Spin that lathe for some flying wood and shapes to come out of the wood.
4. Same style as my dovetail chisels.
5. My usual finish and a brass ring.
6. Drilling a step hole for a good tang fit.
As you see ÖBERG SWEDEN and in a triangular shape as we traditionally use here (I’m Danish).
Thank you Flemming, wish you a wonderful 2015 and the same to all of you LJ’s.
Hope this can inspire to bring life to old tools,
-- MAD F, the fanatical rhykenologist and vintage architect. Democraticwoodworking.