|Project by gizmodyne||posted 04-15-2007 05:42 PM||12545 views||8 times favorited||16 comments|
Our house was almost condemned in the 70’s. The owner saved it but tore down the garage. This is a problem for a woodworker. We at first bought a cheap metal shed but it just didn’t vibe with the natural backyard we were going for.
We needed storage, so I decided one night to build a shed. I bought a book and the next day went to Home Despot. After I finished it it functioned as a toolshed til the shop was built. I am slowly emptying it so that it becomes a garden shed for my wife.
• 8’ x 8’ = sixty four square feet of storage
• Roofline to match our house: 3:1 slope and two foot overhang
• Watertable stripe (wood trim running around midline)
• Casement window from a salvage yard. (I built the frame)
• Redwood shingles (very pricey). I learned to shingle by repairing our house
• Simple door made of tongue and groove cedar
If you are interested in shed building I recommend the Shed book by David Stiles.
Picture 1: Shed from door side.
Picture 2: View from front.
Picture 3. View from driveway with shop in foreground.
-- -John "Do I have to keep typing a smiley? Just assume it's a joke." www.flickr.com/photos/gizmodyne