|Project by Ocarp||posted 12-20-2014 09:00 PM||934 views||3 times favorited||2 comments|
A “horse” bank I made for a friend of mine. The cut-outs were done with a scroll saw. Lighter wood is all maple (horses were stained a darker colour than the box sides) and darker wood is walnut. I did the finger joints on my router table with a homemade jig, but I realised after all was done that my box sides were 5/16ths (as opposed to 1/4” which would have made for a flush and tight fit). So my proud joints became a “design choice” ;)
Finish is 3 coats of tung oil with about half a dozen coats of spray shellac.