|Project by Dreggy||posted 12-14-2014 06:54 PM||1464 views||1 time favorited||10 comments|
Hi, well I’m not the patient type, so I made an attempt at a “melting pot” without the advantage of a how-to blog by any of our resident experts. Needless to say there is a rather large learning curve here, and I still have a lot of questions of the proper way to do these. That said, I’m not disappointed with the outcome, it’s just that it looks more like a “stack of rocks” than a “melting pot”. :)
It is 5” tall and 9.5” dia. Woods: Maple, Sapele, Birch, Purpleheart & SpectraPly
I did take several photos of the process I used and thought I would put it on a blog. Maybe with some feedback from the more experienced woodworkers my next one will be easier! I’ll post the lessons learned and things I would do different next time on the blog.
-- No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow your progress, you're still way ahead of everyone who isn't trying.