|Project by Tom Regnier||posted 12-06-2014 03:13 PM||1202 views||3 times favorited||8 comments|
We had a store bought table that was too big for our living room so I made this table to fit and also to match a sofa table I had built a few years ago. This was my first attempt at quadrilinear legs and they were definitely worth all the extra effort. I cut the 45’s on the router and with some care and patience it worked well….might look to some alternative ways in the future.
The slight arch detail I roughed out and then sanded with a drum bit mounted in my drill press with a jig set up to sand the straight line….works great.
The breadboard ends I cut on the table saw and I secured them by plunging my mortise through and using some cut offs to fill. I came a bit too close to the edge doing so but thankfully no splitting.
I used Transtint Vintage Maple dye sprayed on with an HVLP sprayer…I built the color up over 3 coats and then applied 5 coats of GF satin topcoat. The dye is easy to work with and I find it has really improved my finishing. The GF products work great too!
There’s been a lot of great projects posted lately…..Thanks for looking!