|Project by JoesBetterHalf||posted 12-04-2014 03:36 PM||2056 views||19 times favorited||16 comments|
I had a custom order a few weeks ago for three argyle cutting boards. I had made three previously for the same guy so I thought I could remember the exact dimensions of the boards off the top of my head. After cutting enough squares for the three boards (plus extra for another board I was going to make for my dad), I realized I had cut the squares too small. Instead of making them 2”, I made them 1.75”. I recut all my squares but then I was left with enough for four boards.
Here are two of them. The other two middle sections are still in clamps but will be completed as soon as I feel brave enough to head out to the cold garage.
The first has walnut with cherry center squares, the second is cherry with walnut center squares. Both have intersecting purpleheart stripes. The side pieces are made with maple, peruvian walnut, spalted maple, and purpleheart.
For anyone who hasn’t seen my instructable on how to make these, you can find it here:
Thanks so much for checking out my latest project.