|Project by sawdustjunkie||posted 12-03-2014 02:50 AM||1433 views||3 times favorited||15 comments|
This is my first project I have ever shown on any site!
Made it out of Maple Ply, Poplar and Maple trimmed to the size I needed.
All the molding I made on my router table and mitered all the corners.
For finish, I used Minwax English Chestnut 2 coats, to get the color I wanted and then put 3 coats of satin poly on everything.
Lined it with Cedar, but considering I have nothing to put in the chest that would need the cedar, I just thought it looked and smelled nice.
I used a piano hinge and 2 lid supports from Rockler.
The thing weighs a ton and I am sure I over built it, but the wife loves it, and that is all that matters.
I have learned alot from this site and will post my next project which is a rocking horse for my granddaughter.
Thanks for looking!
-- Steve: Franklin, WI