|Project by Mark||posted 11-19-2014 01:48 AM||1534 views||1 time favorited||11 comments|
I finally finished my dining table build. I saw this table in a Stickley cataloge so I built a drawing from that and several trips to the furniture store. Solid Cherry with Walnut trim. Finished with a good coat of DIY “Teak oil” to bring out the grain. 5 coats of waterborne brushed Varathane gloss and 3 coats of sprayed satin. Seats 6 easy and expands with 2-12” leaves to seat 10. This project was a bit of a challenge as I’ve never worked with moving parts (extensions) before. I goes very nice with the chairs, but now I have to re-do the hutch/buffet. Have a bit of grief finding a plan I like. But I think I’ll take a break from any big projects for a bit. Thanks fer looking.