|Project by chucko||posted 11-05-2014 11:24 PM||3175 views||9 times favorited||7 comments|
Recently I had a need to build a new table saw base for my Model R4512 Ridigid saw. Rather than just building a simple replacement base, I opted to build one with lots of storage potential and extend the cutting range of the rip fence. This new base measures 6 feet long by 2 feet deep. This is my version of a table saw workstation which is set up for my specific needs. I have six casters on the base; two are the fixed type that can be rotated 360 degrees. I can pull the base from the wall and then rotate the fixed casters 90 degrees to move the base left or right. If I toe in the fixed rotating caster 45 degrees the base will not move. I relocated tilt hand wheel to the right front of the saw.
Some of the features that I incorporated into mobile base.
• Fixed Caster wheels so they can turn in 360 degrees.
• Internal Baffling for Dust Collection
• Relocated tilt hand wheel to the right front of the saw.
• Extension for left side table
• Right side extension table
• Upgraded rip fence rails to 96”.
• Mounted a power switch for the dust collector to the front of the fence rail.
• Heavy duty drawer handles
• On-Board Storage for All Wood Cutting Equipment
I first painted all of the wood with latex paint to reduce the affects of humidity and top off it with enamel paint.