|Project by gabriellus||posted 11-03-2014 06:50 PM||1370 views||1 time favorited||1 comment|
We needed a place for drinks and such behind our sectional sofa. I started on this plan, modified to fit the couch:
And then realized, ew, it looks like a bunch of 2×4s. :D
This is a rationale for “screwing, not gluing.” I decided to take a more Asian design by adding some angles. I took it all apart. I splayed the legs out to add stability. I glued up the tabletop, planed it, and eased the bottom edge with the table saw to soften the look. Glued up the bottom shelf, planed it, and attached with pocket holes. All angles are 5 degrees. The wife and I applied 3 coats of Cherry tinted Danish oil, one coat of poly for the body, and 3 coats of poly for the tabletop.