|Project by Eddie G||posted 10-31-2014 01:00 AM||2472 views||4 times favorited||9 comments|
Here is the latest completed project. Took 5 months of meticulous sanding, lacquering and wiring. Turned out spectacular. Spalted Maple top. !0 layers of lacquer and weeks of wet sanding and buffing. Discovered a great trick for the times we get the little white spots of sanded lacquer that pack in the micro pits that always form when spraying then sanding lacquer… I tried a micro pick, I tried sanding down passed the pit… then on a whim I took my sonic tooth brush to it…. Success. the hardest part is always making sure that neck is set square to the world. Took it in to the local guitar shop for a test drive… they were really impressed. Upgrades include Gibson pots, nickel strings and a tunomatic bridge. Don’t forget to ground EVERYTHING…. I missed running a ground to the bridge and found a pesky hum. Once I figured out my mistake and ran a ground wire to the bridge… This AX rocks. This is my second kit guitar. I have already ordered a Stratocaster kit to build over the winter.
-- Ed G., Hillsboro, Oregon, U.S.A.