|Project by hasbeen99||posted 1695 days ago||1239 views||0 times favorited||5 comments|
Over the summer, I’ve been working on refreshing the vanity in our guest bathroom. It’s a custom built unit, about 33 years old, with severely outdated style, worn out hardware, and water damage.
I stripped the cabinet down to original wood and covered the carcass with pressure sensitive walnut veneer from Rockler. I then built brand new drawers and cabinet doors. The drawer fronts and cabinet doors are 1/2” oak ply, again with walnut veneer. The drawer boxes are poplar with lock-rabbet joinery. I custom-made the trim for the doors and drawer fronts on my router table from solid walnut stock.
I used full-extension drawer glides and blum hinges for the cabinet doors. My wife found the pulls on ebay.
I stained the whole thing with Minwax Dark Walnut stain/finish, then topped it with three coats of Minwax satin finish poly. It was my first “finished wood” project, and taking that into consideration I’m pretty happy with it. I learned a lot that I’ll be using for future projects, though.
-- "The only thing that counts is faith, expressing itself in love." --Galatians 5:6