|Project by Dave Rutan||posted 10-29-2014 01:19 AM||1871 views||7 times favorited||12 comments|
[Legebla ankaŭ en Esperanto]
About a year ago I bought a set of bradpoint bits. I’ve used them from time to time, but I’ve been just leaving them on my drill press table in no particular order. Today I decided to do a little project and make a case for them. I used some scrap wood I had laying around the shop.
To start I made dadoes on my table saw to create grooves for the bits. (I do not own a dado blade, so I did it the old fashioned way 1/8 inch at a time.) Then I cut the angle on the top and used my router table to remove some of the dividers so that I can get my fingers in there to grab a bit. I glued on a few appropriate pieces of wood on the top and bottom and sanded the piece. I made the top from another piece of wood and attached it with two small hinges. I finished it with linseed oil.
I’m happy with it, but really it’s sort of backwards. The hinges should be on the opposite side for it to open naturally like a book. Ah well, I’ll need to make something for my masonry bits eventually. I’ll do it right then.
-- Ni faru ion el ligno!