Door Bell cover

  • Advertise with us
Project by jetwhoop posted 10-16-2014 11:37 PM 1819 views 5 times favorited 10 comments Add to Favorites Watch

this is our new door bell cover. I didnt like the cheap plastic cover that came with it, and didn’t really like many of the other looks so before replacing the old one I measured it out and tried making something that was a little more unique. I think it came out ok. I tried to cave a subtle heart in it to see if anyone would notice?

10 comments so far

View NormG's profile


5434 posts in 2428 days

#1 posted 10-17-2014 12:26 AM

Looks great

-- Norman

View steve_in_ohio's profile


1195 posts in 1034 days

#2 posted 10-17-2014 01:18 AM

wow, that is beautiful, great job

-- steve, simple and effective

View Nicholas B. Cohen's profile

Nicholas B. Cohen

29 posts in 742 days

#3 posted 10-17-2014 10:08 AM

one of a kind bell cover :)

-- Nicholas

View MarkTheFiddler's profile


2053 posts in 1612 days

#4 posted 10-17-2014 01:17 PM

Oh man. I love it. Now I need one just like it. I just don’t think I could pull it off as well you.

-- Thanks for all the lessons!

View fisherdoug09's profile


121 posts in 2098 days

#5 posted 10-17-2014 02:37 PM

Great idea and it looks very good too.

View hoss12992's profile


3814 posts in 1317 days

#6 posted 10-17-2014 04:06 PM

That looks really cool. Great job

-- The Old Rednek Workshop

View mcoyfrog's profile


3800 posts in 3018 days

#7 posted 10-17-2014 06:51 PM

Very kwel, the heart is a nice touch.

-- Wood and Glass they kick (well you know) Have a great day - Dug

View Bogeyguy's profile


548 posts in 1492 days

#8 posted 10-17-2014 08:25 PM

How does it sound?

-- Art, Pittsburgh.

View 489tad's profile


3085 posts in 2435 days

#9 posted 10-19-2014 01:25 PM

I like it.

-- Dan, Naperville IL, I.G.N.

View jetwhoop's profile


87 posts in 1542 days

#10 posted 10-20-2014 12:35 AM

Thanks for the encouraging words. The project was fairly easy using the King Arthur Holey Galahad Sander on an angle grinder. most of my time was spent sanding after using the tool. The sound would have been improved by cutting slots or probably drilling small holes near the metal chine; however, I figured I would see how it worked without them and it sounds fine though it is a little muffled.

Have your say...

You must be signed in to post the comments.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics