|Project by Dr_T||posted 10-11-2014 05:07 PM||1302 views||0 times favorited||4 comments|
Intarsia #2, this one is a Christmas gift for the niece. Going to try and get some more done for other family members before Christmas, but we will see how that goes. :) Finally adapted the scroll saw to straight end blades, allows much smaller blades to be used. Cutting went well, but I still have a ways to go to get to where I want to be.
Pattern is a Judy Gale Roberts pattern, which I reduced by 50%. I was (but shouldn’t have been) surprised at the size of the original. This was my mistake, as she clearly stated the size. Thank goodness for copiers with a reduction function!
1. Finished project, finish is still drying. The finish definitely made the wood colors work better.
2. All the pieces cut and shaped, but not glued to the backing. This step is one of the ones that I need to get better at, since I am not getting the backing cut as accurately as I want it.
3. Scraps from the cutting process. I’m such a pack rat, I’ll probably try to get new pieces for other projects from the scraps.
4. Medium colored pieces laid out on the board, ready to be cut out.
5. Finished cutting the medium light pieces. I need to make myself a tray to put these things on so I don’t lose pieces.
6. All of the white pieces cut out.