|Project by ChefHDAN||posted 10-01-2014 12:04 AM||1014 views||1 time favorited||2 comments|
This was part of a project to replace a worn out dollhouse used for Christmas in April donations, you can see the house in my projects. The table was actually kind of thrown together with whatever stock I could find in the shop.
The center column is hollow with 4 pieces beveled at 45* and hide the edge grain. I first tried to do it with maple and goofed it up in the glue up trying to use clamps. 2nd time around I used the tape hinge trick to “unroll” the four pieces and then rolled it back up taped it together. Once the column was done I had all of the triangular cut offs from beveling the boards so I used them to create the trim detail.
-- I've decided 1 mistake is really 2 opportunities to learn.. learn how to fix it... and learn how to not repeat it