|Project by HickoryHill||posted 09-28-2014 03:55 PM||1240 views||2 times favorited||4 comments|
The company I work for has a sister company of Arborists. Occassionaly I will walk the pile to see what is out there. I found this one out in the pile. I originally got it for the top, but once the bark got pealed off and the whole thing cleaned up it revealed the wicked grain on it.
I used my router and a planer sled to plane it to thickness. A wire brush on a drill and lots of sanding to clean up the sides. I lost count on how many coats of Satin Deft Lacquer were put on. The whole thing was then waxed and buffed out.
Legs are some extra hairpin legs I had floating around that I painted black. Last picture shows the crack filling process, 2 total cans were used.
-- Jim, Michigan