|Project by Gene||posted 10-21-2008 08:54 PM||1683 views||0 times favorited||5 comments|
I picked up a scroll saw on sale a couple of weeks ago and finally got around to making something with it. I thought what better to make then a tribute to one of my favourite movies. I wanted the letters to be red and the rest of the project to be as dark as possible. I used painters tape mask off the outer parimiter of the backround while leaving the center exposed to stain red. I should have used a dye to get a deeper more pronounced red but I already had some red stain so I gave it a try. It turned out not bad but I would have liked to have the red stand out a bit more. I then stained the letters dark brown let it dry and glued it over the red stain. After the glue dried I stained the rest and gave it a spar urathane finish. I would like to hear any comments or suggestions and thanks for reading.
-- --Gene Plumley--