|Project by InstantSiv||posted 09-21-2014 02:42 AM||1865 views||4 times favorited||12 comments|
I thought it was about time I should post a project. My apologies for the photo quality, dark basement with phone’s camera.
I finally made the stand/cart to hold all the components in a more space efficient way. I went with the common cart design out there. Built it with scrap 2×4’s and ply. Prior to this I had the galvanized trash can sitting on the ground next to the original DC. Floor space it took up went from 60-65ish” x 22” to 48”x22”. Another benefit is a little bit better air flow because I designed the separator to blower and blower to HF separator ring to be short and straight shots of hose. I’ve estimated that I spent just under $500 not including the remote switch, I don’t remember off the top of my head how much it was. All said, I’m happy with how it turned out.
Things still to do:
-Replace Y fitting with a 5” to 4” reducer for an even straighter shot of hose between separator and blower
-Seal up any leaky spots
-Orientate the on/off switch correctly. Right now the off position is facing up.
-Paint, green and black
Still thinking about a baffle in the separator. Don’t know if the benefit of more captured dust would offset lower cfm. Right now it’s about the same if not a tad bit higher than stock.