|Project by jaxx||posted 10-18-2008 10:34 PM||3678 views||3 times favorited||10 comments|
At last i have my accurate table saw sled, this is the 3rd attempt first 2 were disasterous to say the least. I was able to get it very accurate this time by taking my time and screwing down one end of the rear fence and using wedges to get it very square then i used the 5 cut metheod to check for square . once i had it square i screwed down the rear stiffener block to give it more strenth. A little silicon oli spray in the runners and it was gliding like it was on bearings. all made from workshop scrap hardwood, rear fence is a single cut of oak and the front fence i lmainated 6 strips of Teak, i could not bring myself to cut up a 8in x 2in x 7ft slab of oak for the front fence so i used the Teak strips. finished with Tung Oil Job Done. Note i have not cut through the front fence yet as its big and dont need to just yet.