|Project by jaysuzi||posted 08-28-2014 04:10 PM||1570 views||1 time favorited||6 comments|
I bought the downdraft plates from Grizzly and mostly followed their plan for the downdraft table. I had some scrap MDF. The change to their plan, is that I made the butt joints visible from the side instead of the front. I am sure they had the cut list the other way around to save material, but I had enough.
I finished it off with some polyurethane and the outside has a high gloss sharp look to it. I wasn’t that worried about the inside and didn’t sand down all the excess glue. I did use clear caulk on all the seams.
When I made it, I had it sitting on an old bench that I was going to replace with a sanding station. I planned to have this drop into the sanding station. However, I was in Home Depot picking up some bolts for another project and found a bathroom vanity on clearance for $70. That is less than the material for my sanding station – plus I want to get onto some other projects. It was just about a perfect fit and gives me a place to store my sanders and sanding supplies.
I will someday build my custom sanding station, but for now, this is working out very nicely.
-- Jay in Pennsylvania, http://hobby4charity.org/