|Project by BobWemm||posted 08-20-2014 12:59 PM||1195 views||1 time favorited||16 comments|
I found this piece of Burl on the way home from our last holiday a few weeks ago. I have no idea which Euc. species it is but it looks a bit like a Red Mallee.
The burl is very cracked and uneven so I had to support it with four Hose clamps to stop it from flying apart. It is sanded to 400 grit and then sprayed with Lacquer, 3 coats. Might do more yet.
The finished piece is 5.25 inches tall and 6.5 inches wide.
There was no attempt to repair or fill the voids as I believe they all add character to the piece.
As usual, C&C are welcome.
Hope you like this little beauty.
I reckon I will revisit the area and try to find some more of this wood.
-- Bob, Western Australia, The Sun came up this morning, what a great start to the day. Now it's up to me to make it even better. I've cut this piece of wood 4 times and it's still too damn short.