|Project by Jos||posted 08-18-2014 02:31 PM||1196 views||9 times favorited||7 comments|
I’m happy to have finished my first set of Adirondack chairs. As my first attempt, I decided to follow the plans (Woodworker’s Journal) instead of just making something up. I added two, on the fly, modifications. First, the number of slats seemed too few (plans called for 11), so an additional slat was added (12 total). On the next set I would use a ¼ inch spacing and use however many slats from front to the base of the back. Second modification, I added a taper to the top of the back legs to match the width of the back frame (upper). I thought it would look weird if the leg was wider than the back frame. I used SS hardware, deck screws, and Titebond III for assembly.
Overall I am happy with the way they turned out, very comfortable.
Thanks for viewing.