|Project by Rickterscale||posted 08-13-2014 04:52 PM||1774 views||2 times favorited||16 comments|
Made some pistol grips for this little Sig from some red mallee burl. I took a slice off the bottom of a blank I purchased from ebay before turning this bowl. I was going to make a few sets of grips, one to keep and the rest to sell. But some of the blanks cupped too much after resawing on the bandsaw, and on some others I was a little sloppy drilling the holes for the screws. So I only ended up with enough for one set. Bummer. Anyways, here they are. They dress the gun up nicely. For practice I also made some grips from canarywood, which I also like quite a bit against the black finish.
Sanded to 600 grit, sealed with shellac, then finished with multiple coats of gloss wipe-on poly.