|Project by Mauricio||posted 08-06-2014 04:36 PM||2263 views||4 times favorited||20 comments|
This project has been sitting in my shop for a couple of months and I finally got the top polished, so now it’s done!
This was a collaboration with my friend and neighbor Kevin who has a good source for marble and other stones.
The top is brown Dark Emperador Marble. The base is made pretty beefy to hold up the weight of the top. Base is made of Maple, mortis and tenoned, finished with Transtint Dye (Dark Mission Brown) and wipe on poly. This is followed by a rub down with dark wax.
I’m pretty happy with the way it came out. I think the base color goes well with the color of the top.
I learned how to attach the top here on LJ. I basically just used glue blocks that keep the top in place while still allowing you to remove the top for transport.
Questions and/or comments are welcome.
Thanks for looking!
-- Mauricio - Woodstock, GA - "Confusion is the Womb of Learning, with utter conviction being it's Tomb" Prof. T.O. Nitsch