|Project by geekwoodworker||posted 08-01-2014 10:02 PM||4532 views||21 times favorited||15 comments|
My table saw recently went out of alignment and it was bad. For some reason while being tilted the motor mount got caught on the cabinet and went out of alignment by about 20 thou. I decided this was the time to make a jig and make it accurate as possible. I have heard many different views on how much out of alignment is acceptable and I figure it should be as close to perfect as possible. This way I can’t say my saw is out when something isn’t as accurately cut as it should have been. I managed to get it within 2 thou so all is good. I decided to use it on the fence while I was at it and it too is within 2 thou.
The jig is made from scrap russian ply and a piece of scrap 2×6. Attached my dial indicator and voila, an accurate jig.