|Project by jack1||posted 07-30-2014 09:03 PM||1932 views||6 times favorited||15 comments|
I’ve been eyeballing this project for more than a couple of years and finally decided to build it.
It’s a plan from Klockit and the hardware also comes from them. I got my red oak from my usual source (HD) with the exception of the feet and upper spring holder. That was 16/8ths leftover from a rocking chair project (gotta love the cut-offs).
I have to admit that I don’t like “trace to cut plans” and try to avoid them as much as possible. This one wasn’t too bad and basically gives the line to bandsaw the upper and lower back pieces as well as the profile for the feet. The rest was pretty familiar stuff.
I used a Behr’s “Natural Deck” preservative to protect it from the elements. Slight change in color but not bad. Water base was a plus for cleanup…
We live out in the country and, this is a nice usable piece for our front entry. That way guests with muddy boots can shuck em outside. ;0)
Thanks for looking.
-- jack -- ...measure once, curse twice!