|Project by woodoogolem||posted 07-27-2014 10:03 AM||2058 views||5 times favorited||4 comments|
One of the few annoying features of my new table saw is dust collection. The machine was a compromise between what I wanted and what I could afford. So I need to make do with the downsides and improve what I can.
The lower part of the problem are the large gaps around the blade and motor and will be tackled later. The upper part seemed easier: replace the crappy piece of plastic which was connected with a mere 30mm hose. Together with the large opening around the blade the suction was reduced to almost nothig.
So I took a piece of 10mm ply and gave it a rough shape around the blade. Then I added two pieces of tapered wood to the sides. The upper part large enough to attach a 60mm hose, the lower part just wide enough to cover the saw blade securely. The hose is connected with an old plastic mug from my kids which had just the right size.
Now the cover looks almost to cool for a mere working tool :-)