|Project by Jr22||posted 07-22-2014 05:41 PM||1357 views||3 times favorited||7 comments|
After visiting a couple rustic furniture stores looking for a new bed set I decided to save some money and attempt to do the project on my own. After taking a walk in the woods I was lucky enough to find a under rooted black walnut tree. The tree was already dead but not dried out enough. So after felling it the rest of the way and a couple months of patiently waiting the tree finally got down to 10%-15% moisture content. With no plans and just plenty of imagination I started cutting and piecing together first the footboard, then headboard, and finally the sideboards. All said and done it was a great project that came out exactly how I wanted it, and cost me a fraction of the price including my time!