|Project by Mark A. DeCou||posted 10-07-2008 09:48 PM||8532 views||0 times favorited||4 comments|
This is a Hat Maker’s Tool called a Foot TollikerMaterials:
- Hardrock Maple Wood
- Poplar Wood
- Black Walnut Wood
Normall, I build these tools on order, but you can check at Etsy.com by clicking here to see what is in inventory
What does this thing do? Watch this video by California Custom Hat Maker Tom Gomez from Premier Panama Hats using one of my Foot Tollikers on a straw body Panama Hat. Here is a link to Tom's ebay Store
Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/embed/3ddUQ1CjOBcTo See More Hatmaking Tool Videos from Tom Gomez:
- Foot Tollikers: click here to see
- Kettle Curling Tool: click here to see one
- Puller Downer: click here to see one:
- Pusher Downer: click here to see one
- Rounding Jack: click here to see one
- To purchase a Right Hand Hard-rock Maple Foot Tolliker, please visit this item at Etsy.com
- To purchase a Left Hand Hard-rock Maple Foot Tolliker, please send me an email.
- To purchase a Collector Edition Right Hand Tolliker, please visit this item at Etsy.com
- To purchase a Black Walnut Foot Tolliker (right or left hand), please send me an email.
- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – -
This is a hand held wooden tool used in the production of Hats, such as Cowboy, Western, Fedora, and Milliinery Hats.
This tool is unique, in that I built it specifically with the Left Handed Hat Maker in Mind.
Although the Left-Handed Foot Tolliker shown in the photos has been Sold – I can carve some more.
So, please email me for information on how to order your own tools, either Right-Handed, or Left-Handed. Also, below, I have a growing list of other hat making tools I have built this year.
Don’t just take my word for it, read what the customer thought by clicking here
- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – -
Here are a couple of old drawings from Ermatinger’s book on how the Foot Tolliker used to be used.
Artisan Hat Tools by Mark DeCou Studio
(Do you want to see More? Just follow these links):
ALL HAT MAKING ITEMS THAT I HAVE IN STOCK
ARE LISTED IN MY ETSY.COM ONLINE SHOP, click here to check inventory
- Ebonized Walnut Clockwise with Laser Engraving
- Walnut Counter Clockwise w/Laser Engraving
- Walnut Uni-Directional Cutter
- Maple Deluxe Model, Counter Clockwise Cutter
- Maple Deluxe Model, Clockwise Cutter
- Walnut Deluxe, Counter Clockwise Cutter
- Walnut Deluxe, Clockwise Cutter
- Walnut Hobbyist-Hatter Model, Counter Clockwise Cutter
- Walnut Hobbyist-Hatter Model, Clockwise Cutter
- Walnut Bench-Top Display Stand
- Oak Bench-Top Display Stand
Click here to check inventory
- Spradley Hats in Apline, TX
- Rachel Pollock of La Bricoleuse
- Brainpan Hat Shop in Sumner, WA
- Steve Delk's Adventurebilt Hat Co.
- Marc Kitter's Adventurebilt Hat Co.
- Pyrate Trading Co.
- Hatman Jack at Wichita Hat Works
- Inaaya Hat Co.
- Penman Hat Co.
- Complete Restoration of a Maillard Conformateur and Formillon
- New DeCou Formillion & Conformer, Prototypes #1 & #2
- Custom Designed Conformateur Carrying & Storage Case
- New Plot Base Board for the Maillard Allie Formillon
- Maple Wrench for Tightening Formillon Thumbnuts
- Left-Handed & Right-Handed Foot Tolliker
- Foot Tolliker: Elk Antler & Birch Wood, on a Display Stand
- Foot Tolliker: Walnut Wood, on a Display Stand
- Foot Tollikers: Three in White Birch Wood
- Foot Tollikers: Walnut Wood Set of Four
- Foot Tollikers, Birch Wood Double Set, on Display Stand
- Hinge-Shackle Curling Tool for the Homburg Hat
- Full Circle Shackle Curling Tool
- Half Circle Shacking Curling Tool
- Groove Tolliker Curing Tool
- “Coming Soon”, please check back.
(Note:This project story, project design, and photos are protected by copyright in 2008-2010 by the Author, M.A.DeCou., all rights reserved, no use allowed without expressed written permission.)
use is allowed.)
-- Mark DeCou - American Contemporary Craft Artisan - www.decoustudio.com