|Project by Thesepaperwings||posted 07-01-2014 05:33 PM||1194 views||3 times favorited||3 comments|
First, I will say that this was not my idea and that full credit goes to DanoP for his box that he made. (http://lumberjocks.com/projects/61234).
This is made from Maple Ply and some scrap Walnut that I had sitting in my garage. I couldn’t really find a use for it but didn’t want to throw it away. You can see on the top where I actually ran out of walnut and had to improvise.
The ply is 1/4 and thin enough for the magnets to hold on the other side so I didn’t need to route a track, I put some guides on there to hold the locking bar.
Finish is GF satin Poly.
Total investment was $1 for the knobs, the rest would have gone in the bin.