|Project by 489tad||posted 07-01-2014 12:31 PM||1185 views||6 times favorited||18 comments|
For the malletswap2014 I made a mortise mallet. Maple and wenge. Sliding dovetail for a design. Oil and wax finish. I finished the mallet pretty quick and had a piece of leadwood just hanging around so I decided why not make two. Bought a piece of redheart and rigged up my drill press for turning. The handle went pretty quick. The head was just about round when my rigged chuck broke. I wanted the head to have a tapper. I finished it in the vise with a block plane, files and sandpaper. I think they turned out pretty good and I hope JMart gets some use out of them.
Thank you Terry for running the swap!
-- Dan, Naperville IL, I.G.N.