|Project by AUPilot||posted 06-30-2014 05:17 AM||891 views||0 times favorited||1 comment|
This piece took me a good two weeks of work to build. Processing the wood took so long because all the boards were really cupped, twisted, rotted, and warped. I spent 2 days just planning, joining, and ripping all the lumber down to manageable boards. I designed this piece so that i could store blue ray discs on the left shelves and DVD’s on the right shelves. The wood i used was red oak and the panel boards are poplar. After everything was said and done i was really happy with this piece. I used a tongue oil finish (waterlox). I applied 5 coats to the entire piece sanding between the 2nd and 4th coat to give it a very smooth finish.